Is it just me or did I blink and 2017 is already over? As I reflect back on the year, the blink lasts a little longer. 2017 was a big year! Both personally and professionally. My top 10 moments are (in chronological order):
- LIKEtoKNOW.it APP LAUNCH – Since March, the LIKEtoKNOW.it App has been featured in the iTunes App Store and has hit 1 Million registered users! Follow me in the app!
- ON AIR AT CNBC – This was my first time on national television (LIVE!) and I was 8 months pregnant!
- SXSW MAIN STAGE – I was invited back to speak on the main stage at SXSW Interactive for the 2nd time. This year was a fireside chat with my friend, Fitz Tepper.
- BOYCE BORN – Boyce, our second child, was born in April. This was an answered prayer, as I had a condition called subchronic hemorrhage. It was a high risk pregnancy where I was visiting a specialist weekly and went on bedrest. We are blessed to have a happy, and healthy baby boy!
- KITCHEN REMODEL – I had been wanting to remodel our kitchen since we moved in. Now, it is my dream kitchen! See my final kitchen reveal here.
- BOYCE’S NURSERY REVEAL – I worked with my friend and our designer, Stacy Hyde, again (we worked together on Birdie’s nursery) and his room turned out perfect. It was featured in D Home Magazine.
- CHERRY APP LAUNCH WITH FRIENDS, WHITNEY WOLFE HERD AND AARON COATS – It was exciting for our passion project to come to life this November! The Cherry App is available now in the iTunes Store – nails anywhere, anytime. Read more about the launch from Good Morning Texas and D Magazine.
- BOUGHT LAND IN WEST TEXAS – We finally bought a piece of our favorite place on the planet. It is where we go to unwind, relax and spend time with family. To see more than 100 pictures from our trips to West Texas, scroll through #VenzeditsTexasRoadtrip.
- TRAVEL TO CHINA & BRAZIL (FOR THE FIRST TIME) – We traveled to Shanghai to visit our rewardStyle HQ and even got a tour of Alibaba while we were in China. I also traveled to Brazil for the first time to open our rewardStyle HQ in Sao Paulo.
- GIVING BACK TO CHILDREN – This year, we focused on giving back to children – from the preborn (mission Preborn) to young adults (volunteering at Crossroads Academy).
Happy New Year, Everyone! Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2018 to come.