A sweet friend of mine brought me these lactation cookies to help as I am breastfeeding Boyce. At first I was unsure of how they were going to taste but they were delicious! And full of rich nutrients that help boost milk supply. One of the main ingredients, brewer’s yeast, adds nutritional value but also helps with the “baby blues”. Now if I can only stop myself from eating the entire batch.. even though it is all for the baby’s health right?!
You can make your own lactation cookies by following the recipe below:
- 1cup butter
- 1cup sugar
- 1cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4tablespoons water
- 2tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- 3cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking soda
- 1teaspoon salt
- 3cups oats
- 1cup chocolate chips
- 2 -4tablespoons brewer’s yeast
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
- Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
- Stir in oats and chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.